Vertical menu icon, also known as the hamburger icon
Immigration Solutions
Banner logo image
Law Office of Hamid R. Kashani
Attorney at Law
Show Full Menu

Citizenship Continuous Residence Exemption or Reduced Requirement

by Hamid R. Kashani, Attorney at Law
Nov 07, 2018

Ordinarily, to apply for naturalization, you must meet the five-year continuous residence requirement (three years if married to, and living with, the same U.S. citizen spouse for the same period).  However, if you work for any of the following entities, you may be able to file an Application to Preserve Residence for Naturalization Purposes (USCIS Form N-470) to preserve your continuous residence in the United States, despite being stationed overseas:

Topic image for Citizenship Continuous Residence Exemption or Reduced Requirement

Related Topics:

Applying for Citizenship

Citizenship after Marriage to U.S. Citizen


Was the information on this page helpful?
Home iconHome|About Us iconAbout Us|
Contact Us iconContact Us|Schedule Consultation iconSchedule Consultation
Terms of Use iconTerms of Use|Privacy Policy iconPrivacy Policy|
Important Notice iconImportant Notice
© Copyright, Law Office of Hamid R. Kashani, 2024. All rights reserved.

made by